Friday, June 17, 2011

Adventures in Homeschooling...

  Well, July is fast approaching, and it's almost time to register for homeschooling. We have to use a cover school. This will be our first year homeschooling, and there is quite a bit to know! It's all a bit overwhelming, really. Fortunately, we know a couple of families that also homeschool, and they are helping us wade through the information.
  I know that homeschooling will come with challenges we will need to face, and obstacles we must learn to maneuver, but I'm really excited, and so is our daughter! She knows that almost everything she's learned is because of me. I taught her to walk, talk, dress herself, tie her shoes, read, write, and SO much more! Even the things she's learned in public school were aided by me... because 8 hours a day clearly isn't enough time to cover the material... That's a gripe I'll keep to myself for now. 
  I'll be blogging frequently as we begin our journey down the homeschool road. Here's a little background before we begin... 
  I'm a 28 (soon to be 29) year old SAHM (stay-at-home mom) and my daughter is 10. She just completed 4th grade, and has always gone to public school. She never attended daycare or preschool. My husband is a great guy, and very supportive, but with two jobs, he won't be able to be very involved in the education of our daughter. My dad is totally against it because I didn't go to college to learn how to teach, and therefore, I'm not qualified in his eyes. He also worries about her socialization, even though the cover school we're going through organizes over 40 activities per month so the kids have plenty of opportunities for socializing. My daughter is also in martial arts, so she socializes there, too. She's very intelligent, and her best subject is math, but her favorite subject is science. I'm sure that's enough for now, because much more will be learned later on, as I continue to blog! Hope you enjoy reading this!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Casey is sitting here with me and she thinks that it is SUPER AWESOME that you grabbed her button!!! She said "AWWWWW SO SWEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!" Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! It makes my day! ♥